The Northeast Wisconsin Arts Association (NEWAA) serves as a connection and resource hub for local artists and the creative community at large. NEWAA is a "go to" source for artists to be found and for artists to find the resources and connections needed to thrive and be recognized in our region.*
NEWAA believes that art is for everyone and enhances quality of life for all. Our goal is to develop and promote the work of Northeast Wisconsin artists in all disciplines, genres and scopes: visual art, music, photography, multimedia, writing, poetry, spoken word, storytelling, film, digital art, acting, fashion design, dance, performance art and beyond.
We are a soon to be nonprofit grassroots community network/hub/portal, an advocacy organization, and passionate art promoters intent on connecting, uplifting, and shining a spotlight on our region's diverse creative community.
- Uplift the creative professions both socially and professionally
- Provide easily accessible networking, resource sharing, and trading opportunities
- Connect area businesses and individuals with local artists for personal and community projects
- Document and celebrate history of local arts movements and the artists behind these efforts
- Avoid recreating the wheel for creative community endeavors so we can all save time and be more effective
- Link up local artists with collaborative community resources and opportunities such as shared makers spaces, specialty marketing & promotion, sponsorships, artist-in-residence openings, mentoring, private patrons, continuing education, business advice/training,
and basic needs
- Be a catalyst for creating more meaningful, engaging art experiences that feel approachable and welcoming to every citizen
- Improve the overall creative economy and subsequent quality of life for all residents
- Provide a cohesive presence to better facilitate small and large-scale funding partnerships (local, statewide and nationwide)
- Offer and promote a dynamic, unique and constantly evolving program of exhibitions, classes, lectures and special events